How To Make a Shut Down Shortcut Icon on Your Computer Desktop
- Right click your desktop.
- Go to New >> Shortcut.
- In the field, type in: shutdown -s -t 0
- Name your icon: “Shut Down” or whatever you prefer.
CUSTOMIZING THE COMMAND
- You can replace “0″ with the number of seconds you want after you click the icon for it to shut down your computer.
- You can add this text to make a message pop up when the icon is activated:
-c “REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT”
CHANGING THE ICON
1. Right click the Shut Down icon.
2. Click “Properties”.
3. Click “Change Icon”.
4. Browse for an Icon you are happy with.
5. Select the icon of your choice >> OK >> OK
To make your own ICON:
1. Start>>All Programs>>Accessories
2. Click Paint
3. In toolbar select Image
4. Click Attributes
——————— Note: The size of a icon is 32 x 32 pixels ! ———————
5. Type 32 in both Height and Width and sure that Pixel is selected under Units
6. Click OK
7. Now add your photo or design.
8. File>>Save As
9. Type name.ico
10. Click Save
Enjoy your New ICON!!!